Sunday, December 15, 2013

Circuit Workout: Time for Reps

Did a killer circuit workout with my girlfriend at the gym today. This is also where I came to the realization that my lungs are completely out of shape. Winter sucks! It's so hard to work everything you want, mainly cardio. I might be opting for that winter bulk training.

Anyways, about that workout.

I'm not going to juice up this description with reasoning's and explanations. If you want to know why we did what we did, go back and read some older posts to figure out where I'm coming from. Whoa sassy! Who am I?

Anyways, getting to the workout. Here it is. But before I start, (Get to the point already! You must be saying. It's because I care) the second exercise I'm just going to call "core twists" because I don't know what it's actually called. Please comment if you know. Start in an up pushup position then rotate to the side and reach for the ceiling, hold for 2sec back to start other side up for 2sec, and so on.

As always, start with a good dynamic warm-up.

The workout:

1. Pushups for 45sec - 15sec rest
2. Core Twists for 45sec - 15sec rest
3. Pulse Squats for 45sec - 15sec rest
4. One Leg side-to-side hops for 45sec -15sec rest

5. Sprint 1/4 mile - 30sec rest.

Repeat 5 times.

If you're a real badass switch exercise #4 to jump tucks. ...We started that way but couldn't make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment